Plascoat has an excellent reputation for supplying the construction industry with a unique thermoplastic powder coating that will protect metal from corrosion in a wide variety of environments.
Plascoat PPA 571
pdf Technical Data Sheet (207 KB) registration required
Plascoat PPA 571 is a tough, flexible coating that has been used extensively in the construction industry. Uses include coating rock bolts that are hammered into solid rock, suspension bridge supports and load bearing steel beams above swimming pools.
PPA 571 is non-porous, meaning water and salts cannot penetrate the coating to cause under film corrosion.
Other benefits include:
- Fully UV resistant: attractive, colour-stable finish that lasts for decades;
- Resistance to sand abrasion;
- Maintained flexibility, even at - 60ºC;
- Resistance to impact damage and graffiti;
- Resistance to damage caused by bird droppings;
- No need for a primer;
- Fully resistant to cracking, chipping or flaking.
Available in electrostatic spray, dipping and flock spray powders.