Excellent reputation for protecting items on oil rigs, ships, marinas and sub-sea structures for many decades.
Plascoat coatings provide exceptional long-term protection to metal exposed to or immersed in seawater.
Plascoat PPA 571
pdf Technical Data Sheet (207 KB) registration required
Plascoat PPA 571 contains no reactive or hazardous ingredients and provides little 'anchor' or food for seaweed, barnacles and lichen. While not specifically anti-fouling, the rate of growth of algae, fungus, mildew and marine flora or fauna is slower than on many other coatings.
As the result of a non-porous coating, PPA 571 will prevent water and salts from reaching the metal underneath for many years to come.
- Long-term protection from sea-water;
- Low rate of fouling;
- Fully UV resistant: attractive, colour-stable finish that lasts for decades;
- Resistant to sand abrasion and impact damage;
- Maintained flexibility, even at - 60ºC;
- No need for a primer;
- Very low smoke generation in the event of fire;
- Safe for marine life.
Available in electrostatic spray, dipping and flock spray powders.